Last updated: June 14, 2021
Thank you for using Life Beyond Screens Services!
The terms “you,” “your,” “yours,” and “user” refer to the customer, purchaser, user or visitor utilizing our Services. When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Life Beyond Screens, a DBA under Cassal LLC.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by Life Beyond Screens.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate of any of the terms, we may terminate your account. We may update these Terms of Service in the future.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Life Beyond Screens cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions section.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
- Doxing: If you use the community to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use Life Beyond Screens products to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our community to distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don’t tolerate folks (including their bots) using Life Beyond Screen products for spamming purposes. If your emails don’t pass muster with CAN-SPAM or any other anti-spam law, it’s not allowed.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use Life Beyond Screen products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
We’ve outlined these restrictions to be clear about what we won’t stand for. That said, this list is by no means exhaustive. We will make changes over time.
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free — we do not sell your data.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
Here are some examples of refunds we give:
- If you were just charged for your next month of service but you meant to cancel, we’re happy to give a full refund that extra charge.
- If we had extended downtime or you emailed customer service and it took multiple days to get back to you, we can issue a partial refund (cancels subscription) or add time to your subscription for free.
At the end of the day, nearly everything comes down to a case-by-case basis. Contact us and tell us what's up.
You feel like you've overcome your addiction and moved on to bigger and better things, great! We knew this breakup (for good reason) was coming, that’s why we made it easy for you to cancel your account directly in ViceDrop — no phone calls required, no questions asked.
Our legal responsibility is to account owners, which means we cannot cancel an account at the request of anyone else. If for whatever reason you no longer know who the account owner is, contact us. We will gladly reach out to any current account owners at the email addresses we have on file.
Your subscription status will continue to be active until the end of your billing cycle. After that, your account subscription status will be marked as inactive.
We don't believe it's fair for inactive members to have to pay for monthly fees just to view the last time they used their vice or to reflect upon journal entries they had when they were at their most vulnerable times. You worked hard for your progress, the least we can do is provide you with a place to showcase how far you've come.
- Read permissions: Check your current vice streak, relapses, journal entries, etc.
- Delete permissions: Delete journal entries, vices, account data, etc.
- Creation permissions: Create a new vice, relapse, journal entry, etc.
- Edit permissions: Edit journal entries, vices, relapse times, etc.
Your trial will be over and you will be redirected to a trial over page. Since no previous payment has been made you are unable to use ViceDrop with 'inactive' status like previous subscribers can.
If you changed your mind and would like to use ViceDrop as a member with full access, you have the option to do so by paying for the plan of your choice through that trial over page.
- Free trial accounts get marked for deletion after 14 days of inactivity. Inactivity is determined by last login time.
- Previous subscribers get marked for deletion after 365 days of inactivity. Inactivity is determined by last login time and if they are not currently an active subscriber.
- Deletion for marked accounts varies based on the time of our choosing.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance. For more details, see our Use Restrictions section.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of our Services because we think it could be better. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases where we may send your data through our network unencrypted
- To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
- To safeguard Life Beyond Screens. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole.
- To the extent required by applicable law. As a US company with all data infrastructure located in the US, we only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a US government authority with a legally binding order or proper request under the Stored Communications Act. If a non-US authority approaches Life Beyond Screens for assistance, our default stance is to refuse unless the order has been approved by the US government, which compels us to comply through procedures outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement mechanism.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a Service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
No information shall be construed as professional or medical advice and information is offered for information purposes only. We do not diagnose and prescribe. You and your company rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you are at any point concerned for your health and well-being, or that of a loved one, please visit your nearest physician or emergency room immediately. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
The Services provided by Life Beyond Screens are to be used at your own risk. Life Beyond Screens is not a mental healthcare provider. Life Beyond Screen's team members cannot be expected to be trained or qualified to give mental health counseling or any kind of mental health care. If you have a diagnosed mental health issue, or even suspect that you may have one, you must discuss your use of Life Beyond Screens’s Services with a mental healthcare professional, such as a clinical psychologist, and only use it under their expressed recommendation, guidance, and/or supervision.
That said, Life Beyond Screens cannot and will not be held responsible for your reaction to any content on the Life Beyond Screens platform. If content posted or actions taken by Life Beyond Screens team members or a Life Beyond Screens user causes you significant mental/emotional distress, you agree to stop using Life Beyond Screens Services and seek advice from a mental health care professional and only continue using Life Beyond Screens Services under this professional’s guidance and/or supervision.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and Services resulting from any goods, data, information or rvices purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: Choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
Reach out at: [email protected]