- You use technology as a medium to avoid life problems instead of facing them.
- You have low motivation to do other activities, even if they are important.
- Suppressed negative feelings, such as dread and sadness, quickly return after technology stimulation is gone.
- You prioritize the short-term pleasures of technology over working towards long-term rewards, such as your relationships, career, and health.
- Psychological needs, such as intimacy and self-esteem, are simulated through technology instead of fulfilled in reality.
These are merely some signs of addiction, they do not represent a true diagnosis. Only a medical professional has the credentials to do so.